still life nr1

still life nr1

Friday 18 November 2011

CHAPTER 10 : Project 3

Project 3 : A Townscape


I did not go very far to look for an inspiration for this project.  I went out on the balcony where I placed an easel.  The view from my balcony was something that I wanted to paint.

The sky was very interesting on that day, with many greys and purples tones.

I put two sheets of 50 x 40 cm and created a piece of paper 78 x 50 cm.
I used acrylic paints for this task.
I started from painting over my white paper with grey colour.


I just painted some basic shapes but I am not sure do I like them?

I would like to keep it as light as I can and do not want my composition to be very complicated.



Yes, now I am starting to be more excited about this painting although some parts look flat.  I have to work on them bit more. I would like to create a nice mood in style of Milton’s Avery paintings.  He managed to keep his colours very simple using big spaces.


I like the colours of the houses and I do not want to change them however, I have to find a good colour for the shadows on the road.  The houses are still floating in the air so I will have to work on it.  I finish my work for today and I come back to this painting in a few days time.

No comments:

Post a Comment