still life nr1

still life nr1

Friday 18 November 2011

CHAPTER 10 ; Painting Outdoors Project 1

Project 1: A Garden or Park

This project was more complicated than I thought.  I had a big problem with finding the right place for this task.  Either I did not like the surrounding or I did not like the place in terms of crowd.  The weather was another disadvantage for me, sometimes it was sunny but not for a long time and some times was cold and miserable.  I took a few pictures of places that I liked and worked I a bit at home.

STAGE 1 : Starting Your Painting


  I found this big canvas 101 x 127 cm quite uncomfortable to carry around my town place therefore, I painted first few stages at home.

I used acrylic paints and a cloth to cover my white canvas.  I enjoyed this stage of my work, as I could be as expressive as I wanted.  I like to work on the big space, which gives a great opportunity to release my inner creative part of me.

I used only basic green, blue and white paint.




I went into more details in this stage.  I used a sponge to put the paint on the canvas. I also managed to use more colours like black and yellow.  I had to stop at this stage so I could still create a fresh painting outdoor.

STAGE 2 : Reviewing Your First Painting Session

I went to my local park this time.

The weather was ok so I could carry on my painting however, it was starting to get chillier.










At the end of my first painting session, I can see so much to work on.

I am glad that I used different materials in terms of put paint on the canvas.  I used cloth, a sponge, toothbrush and a broken old credit card to paint leaves on the ground.

This painting looks vivid and very interesting from a distance.

I would like to make the smallest tree less visible then it is now.  I also would like to paint the leaves less obvious that now and make them more like an abstract.  I do not like the bench and need to work on this part of my painting.

STAGE 3 : A Second Painting Session











STAGE 4 : What have you Achieved?

1 comment:

  1. Love this painting. You've managed to keep the life and vivacity of it, right the way through. That's something I really struggle with.

    ReplyDelete