still life nr1

still life nr1

Thursday 24 March 2011

my sketch book 1

I decided to put some of  my sketches on my blog. I made them at home in my small sketch book 1. This is  for small objects like fruit or vegetables etc. but I did a few with animals as well. Some of them I did using a pencil and some of them with pen .  This sketch book helps me to not think  too much about every single line, that gives me some space to maneuver with my observations.  For example I think the one with the sheep shows more natural lines.   A few of them are from photos but i try to study my objects at home rather than from images. Since I have my sketch book I can see progress of my observations. When I draw using soft 2HB pencil the lines are softer and at the same time I can show a bigger contrast between day light and shadow.
 I really enjoy that part of my course.




 










PS. I am having some problems with that blog. I am loosing my patience many times whenever I paste my images they don't appear in the place where I would like them to be. So frustrating! At the end my blog looks so messy and like I don't think about the layout .

No comments:

Post a Comment