still life nr1

still life nr1

Wednesday 30 March 2011

project 2

painting 1

painting 2

painting 3


Project 2 looking form one space into another.

The painting 1 is focused on day light, how it affects the others objects in the room.  The light makes the carpet lighter than it is; the walls are more yellow in the part where the sun shines.  There is a contrast between the dark doorframe and the light ceiling.  All colours are bright which make this painting very cheerful.  I used pastel colours where the light interacts with the objects.  However, where the shadows play the main part I used only clear colours without white paint.  This is a painting with different tones.
The composition is open and in the central of it, I painted a very dark chair contrasting with the light, warm yellow wall.  At the same time, an observer’s eye may be drawn to a bright, warm orange vase with purple flowers.
I did not use a thick layer of paint; I tried not to paint too many layers.  I hope that I managed to achieve a very light paining.

Painting 2 is again a painting from one room into another.
The composition is open, as the bottom, part is not closed with any object and the top left corner with the window.
This is a painting with fewer days light than the other one, therefore the space feels heavier.  The walls, carpet and the door look very dark and gloomy.
I used less white paint as there is very little day light falling into this room.  The temperature of colours is cold as I have blue walls, green doors and brown carpet with cold day light in the middle.

Painting 3- From space into the open window.
 I have not finished this one yet; however, it looks quiet close to my expectation.  This is an open composition as I have a big window in the middle of this painting.
The inside colours have a warm temperature but look different to the warm outside as they react with natural light.  Colours are more toned down.
At this stage of my work, I think that the focal point is an apple in the bottom left corner of window.  There are few geometrical lines on this painting, which may draw an observer’s eye to the outside world.

I have to work on the dark tree, small buildings and a few objects in the bottom left window corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment