still life nr1

still life nr1

Thursday 31 March 2011

Stage 4 painting from two or more viewpoints

Stage 4 painting from two or more viewpoints.
Part 1
I decided to paint my first study drawing.  At this stage, my painting has an open composition.
This is only a sketch painted with one yellow paint and one more visible blue one.
I did not want to have such a limited amount of space in this project; therefore, I decided to add another bottom part to this painting.  I wanted to have a space to catch the breath, where the composition is less claustrophobic.  I think in the way that parts of my work shows a different perspective.  The plastic bottle viewed from a different angle than the bag with the paper rolls in the middle of my sketch.  The lines in the floor make this work very interesting as they build a geometrical journey for an eye.


                            
                             


                                                       My art studio from 3 different perspectives










       

This is a great exercise for me after studding a few of Cezanne’s paintings like: ‘Still life with a ginger jar’, ‘Still life with Peppermint’, ‘Still life with Plaster Cupid’ or ‘Still life with Apples and Peaches’.  All of them show still life, however all are based on the same rule, they are painted at the same time but from different perspectives.


    ‘Still life with a ginger jar’


    ‘Still life with Peppermint’

     ‘Still life with Plaster Cupid’

 








Still life with Apples and Peaches’

No comments:

Post a Comment