still life nr1

still life nr1

Friday 26 August 2011

Project 3

Projec 3 : Using Photographs

STAGE 1: Deciding on your Photograph



STAGE 2: Drawing from the Photograph




STAGE 4 : Making The Painting


Colour – at this stage, the colours are clear and bright, in particular you can see that on the rainbow.  That makes this painting very cheerful.  I tried not to use any pastel colours, but there are some in the parts with the flower bushes.
Composition – open on the left side where the rainbow starts to appear and the flower bushes are painted, but only in half way.  The small house is not in the middle of my painting plus the rainbow goes more from the top left corner until the middle part which makes it more interesting.
Paint – This painting is painted with acrylics and therefore is much lighter as I used water with them.  Why acrylics?  Only for one reason, just because I am in the middle of my course.

I changed the atmosphere by adding the rainbow, which is not on the actual photograph.  My intention was to create a cheerful and dreamy scenery, just like in books for kids.

What else would I like to do?  I have to work on that small house, and add some details.  This is not a realistic painting so I will keep my colours as they are now.  So work on, work on Kasia!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment