still life nr1

still life nr1

Tuesday 30 August 2011

CHAPTER 8

Project 3: A Reclining Figure

STAGE 1: The Subject

 
I took a photo of my husband while he was sitting on the sofa in our living-room, in a reclined position, facing me.

STAGE 2: Working Drawings


A4 size of my drawing made with 2Bpencil. Just shapes no tones or shadows marked on it.

STAGE 3: Painting


This is the first stage of my painting. I took two papers of A3 size so I can make bigger brush marks. This is another painting with acrylic paints and I found them much easier to use.
Still to work on the hand shape and face. I would like to leave the sofa and the wall as plain as I can.


At this stage I am pleased with the face and the size of my model so far, I am happy with my colours and the atmosphere of my work .



 This is the finished painting which I am very pleased with. I like the colours, the cold blue wall gives cold reflections on my model's skin. We have cold light brown sofa which doesn't drag a viewers attention from my model. The sofa is just an object for my model to rest therefore we have an neutral colour of it.
Composition is open from the bottom part .
 I used acrylics this time, the layer looks thick but in reality it is very thin .
Feeling of my final work looks calm, relaxed and cheerful.


No comments:

Post a Comment