still life nr1

still life nr1

Friday 26 August 2011

Chapter 8: The Figure

Project 1 : Figure at the Table


STAGE 1: The Subject

The subject for this project is a model at the table. I asked my husband to sit for a while and to be my guinea pig :)
STAGE 2 : A Working Drawing


I have done some rough sketches of my husband sitting at the table, but only one is quite good.  I couldn’t finish his hands as he was moving very quickly (even when I asked him not to).  So this is a sketch, he is sitting quite straight with one hand behind the table and the other one on the table.



The composition I have to say is open from the bottom, with just a small part of the table at the bottom.  My husband is sitting straight, but his face is a little bit to the right side and he is looking straight at the spectator.  I used just 2B pencil to make this sketch.


STAGE 3 : Starting The Painting


Just a rough quick base for my painting.



The  hand under the table is too small and the one on the table is too big so i have to work on it bit more. I like the dark tone of my background and slightly different tone of hair. Dark brown wall contrasts well with cold blue Tshirt.


 STAGE 4 : Developing The Painting







STAGE 5 : What Have You Achieved?
Did you find it possible to make a fairly complete statment of a figure from your drawing?
Not especially, I found that quite difficult. The more I was painting the more my model was looking older and older. At the end of the day on the final painting my husband looks 20years older than he is:) but this task was all about model and the figure that wasn't a portrait project.

No comments:

Post a Comment