still life nr1

still life nr1

Tuesday 16 August 2011

MY REFLECTION AFTER USING ACRYLIC PAINTS


27/7/11

MY REFLECTION AFTER USING ACRYLIC PAINTS



I have to say that I find that type of paint very different to oil paints,  I am sure that I am not the only person who finds them different,

So far I have managed to paint a few projects as I am in the middle of my art course where I have been asked to swap my current media to another.  Up o that point I was using oil paints for most of my paintings.  I know that media quite well and I have to say that they became a part of me.  The way how I can mix one colour with another suits my personality and expressive way of using a brush.

With acrylics it is different, I find them a bit more demanding.  The difference between oils and acrylics is that the first I can always come back after a few days and make some changes.  With acrylics I have to be sure which colour I am going to use, just like water colour.

I have to say that I struggle a bit and I find my projects quite ‘annoying’ if I may use that expression.  I know so far that me and acrylics don’t go together, but hey ho!  This is a big challenge for me right now and I will try to step up and work with that media with bigger respect and passion.



Wish me good luck……

No comments:

Post a Comment