still life nr1

still life nr1

Sunday 17 April 2011

Project 4 – More than 1 view points Part 3

Project 4 – More than 1 view points
Stage 4
Part 3



This is the last part and my painting is finished.  I am very pleased with the result.  The colours are very bright and have got a lot of white mixed together.  I could say they are broken colours.

The first sheet of paper is full of pastel yellow and pastel green.  I finished it when the daylight was strong.  There is plenty of free space therefore an observer has time to catch the breath.



The middle part is more complicated and in this way more interesting.  I finished it during the evening with a lamp light and the shadows are strong, colours are sharper and crisper; still broken, pastel colours but the brown carpet was painted with a smooth brush which did not leave any marks.





I had a more complicated task with the plastic bottle, although I hope I captured the transparency of that object.
The paint is thick especially on the purple rug. The colours are different as I used some warm greens contrasting with cold violets. On the right side on the green rug I used different brush technique, bit more blurry to show which off the rugs is first and on the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment