still life nr1

still life nr1

Monday 10 January 2011

an apple- painting


This study shows the general shapes and coloring of an apple from above (painting 1) and looking at it from the front (painting 2).




painting 1.                                                                                                painting 2.
                                                                                                

At the early stage I tried to keep everything quite simple .

 











painting 3.                                                                                                  painting 4.

I need only one painting for this task and i decided to make two from different angels, so that I can compare and choose the one which I like. Sofar  I am thinking about the painting 3. as it has more contrast in green colour and the shadow is darker . From the other hand the painting 4. has more depth in the background but the task was about an apple as an object so my choice is simple. I am going to select the painting number 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment